- Partnership: PEReN may establish agreements with government departments or independent authorities involved in the regulation of digital platforms;
- Experimentation: PEReN can build on its own initiative prototypes of regulatory tools and to this end collect publicly accessible data, without the platforms being able to object;
- Research work: PEReN may carry out public research work, alone or in partnership, within the meaning of Article L. 112-1 of the Research Code.
All data processing carried out by PEReN is in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD) and the French Data Protection Act.
Experimentation and automated data processing
- are kept for no longer than nine months;
- are not used for any purpose other than the development of a tool or test.
Each experimentation provides for:
- minimization of the data collected: only strictly necessary data are collected;
- the use of secure protocols for content retrieval and processing;
- the recording of all the operations carried out within the framework of the treatment of the collected data: consultation, modification, communication, deletion. This recording is kept for three years.
- the automatic destruction of all data collected at the end of the work and at the latest nine months after their collection.
Exercising your rights
As part of its activities defined by the October 25, 2021 law and the August 31, 2020 decree, PEReN is currently conducting projects that may lead to the collection of personal data regarding the following platforms:
- Google (Bard, Maps)
- Microsoft (Bing)
- Snap (Discover, MyAI, Map, Spotlight)
In the same context, PEReN may also use the following pre-trained models or training datasets:
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of January 6, 1978, you have the right to access, rectify, limit, oppose and delete data concerning you that may be collected in the context of these experiments and research projects. Data will be deleted no later than 9 months after collection, unless otherwise specified in the case of public research projects
You can exercise this right by sending a message to the PEReN team: refdcp.peren [at] finances.gouv.fr